Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Final Presentations

I was really impressed with the amount of work that went into all the final presentations. I know how hard ours was to coordinate/carry out, everyone did a fantastic job. A few presentations which stood out in my mind were the 20 minute lifetime group, that video you made was awesome! I still want to know whose tye-dyed bear suit you were wearing?! The editing and the story were amazing. Although i really had no idea what to expect from the presentations, having never been in a Sexson class, i was totally blown away. I think everyone went above and beyond their themes and ended up illustrating the entire semester throughout each presentation. The 20 minute lifetime, dolce donum, the eternal return, the world as myth and dream, and life as fiction and language, if i do say so myself, were all really amazing presentations. I enjoyed the discrepancies between the highbrow and lowbrow examples everyone used from Galdiator, to writing their own verse, to the continuous use of Neo and Sexson throughout the presentations. It all came together very nicely and made for an entertaining week of finals. Although i can honestly say that in my college career, that is in the last 4 years, i have never done a video project, or a final group project, and can safely say that i am happy to put the stress of it all behind me.

As for the individual presentations, i hoped you all enjoyed Where The Wild Things Are. As it was one of my favorite books growing up as a kid, it seemed only necessary to include it as my final comparison between highbrow and lowbrow lit. Thomas' presentation, where he read us The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein is also one of my favorite book. It is just so pertinent to everything in life. Great Choice. of course i cannot mention the final presentations without saying something about Brianne's rap. It was hilarious, but also informative. Very creative and well done. The beat behind the lyrics was also really great, did you protools that yourself?? In my four years at MSU it was probably the most enjoyable final presentation i have had the pleasure of watching. Another presentation which stood out in my mind was the ribbon dance Lisa performed. Although i couldn't quite understand the relationship to the texts, i give her credit. I do not think i have the necessary fortitude to stand and deliever something as wonderful as a ribbon dance in front of a class. You may have one upped Brianne in my book. Kudo's to everyone, these presentations were not only hilarious but very informative!

No comments:

Post a Comment