Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finnegan and Maxton

A nickname my highschool girlfriend gave to me was "Marx". Don't ask me why, because i simply don't know, to this day she still calls me Marx every now and again. I just happened to be flipping through the pages of FW and thinking about how i am included in this literature. So i started to turn the pages to dates which seemed important in my life. July 29th, my birthday (29/7=page 297) But there was nothing which immediately jumped at me. Try again. 206 (I graduated highschool in 2006) - although i could have drawn similar conclusions with the word "keel" as i teach sailing when i am not a student, i decided to move on. Page 210 (2010 the year i graduate college), i could have drawn conclusions using the word "acid" ( i won't go into it) or using "Johnny Walker" because, hey, who doesn't like to dip into the whiskey once in awhile. After a disparaging brows through FW, i came across page 365 (the number of days in a year when earth completes its revolution around the sun) and came across "what with his marx and their groups...". Thought it was quite interesting that this horrid nickname was to be found on the exact page numbered for the culmination the earth takes on its orbital path around the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment